Usually expressed as excessive formation of acid in the stomach due to which patient feels burning sensation.
- Take lemon juice, (mixed with a cup of water) and add some rock salt (saindha namak) to taste. This may be taken 1-2 hours prior to taking meals, or lemon may be used with meals. It will also remove constipation which isone of the contributory causes of acidity.
- Acidity, heartburn can be easily treated with by taking lots of fresh radishes (mooli). For taste one may add carrots and tomatoes without salt.
- Drinking fresh juice of radish would also be very helpful to treat acidity.
- Chewing a piece of Terminalia chebula (harada) is an age old remedy.
- Drink coconut water 3-4 times a day.
- A teaspoon of seeds of Ajwain with small amount of salt is good for acidity and gastritis.
- Powdered fruit rindof Embelica officinalis (Amla) one tea spoon (5 ml.) with milk twice daily.
- Terminalia chebula (Harada) juice, 1-2 teaspoon (5-10 ml.) daily after meals is very effective in controlling acidity. The juice can be mixed with an equal amount of Amla juice for better results.
- Take a tiny piece of jaggery (guda) every hour. Just keep it in the mouth and slowly suck it till acidity subsides.
- Take dried blossom of tulsi, rind of the Moringa (drum stick) tree, black pepper (Kali mirch) and long pepper (pippali) in even quantity and grind them to powder form. Take 3 gms of this powder every morning and evening with plain water. All the acidic effect of the body will pass out with urine and sweat.
General advices: These conditions are caused by ingestion of heavy, rich, spicy diet with ghee or oil. It can also be triggered by eating food hastily. Those who drink and smoke heavily also suffer from acidity and heartburn, in addition to flatulence, colic and general dyspepsia. Remove the basic factors that are known causes of such disturbances.