It is common among teenagers and adults. Acne is not a physically painful or discomforting condition.
- To treat affected area, make an infusion of Holy basil (Tulsi) leaves. Put two to four tea spoon (5 ml.) of dried basil leaves in a cup of boiling water, steep for 10 minutes, cool and apply.
- Face pack made of orange peel 2gm, red sandal- 1 gm, and multani mitti – 5 gm to be applied on the face and washed with luke warm water.
- Apply the paste of thorn of Silk Cotton tree (Shalmali) on Pimples.
- Expose your body to sun and air. Fresh air and daily exercise are very important.
- It is advisable to take sufficient sleep and keep your bowels regular.
- Wash your face twice or thrice a day. However, avoid using soaps that dry your skin.
- Keep your bed sheets clean, as dead skin, oil, cosmetics, hair and dirt on the sheets will clog pores of skin further.
- Apply an ice cube (wrapped in a soft piece of cloth) wherever you spot redness. It not only reduces the redness, it lessens the inflammation and helps the skin to heal.
- Avoid taking too much milk products, nuts, fats, fried and oily foods, chocolate etc.
- Do not pinch the pimple, as it can lead to inflammation. Worse still, squeezing can leave scars on your face.
- Avoid oil-based cosmetics, as they tend to clog the pores on your skin.