Prevalence of Intestinal Parasitic Infection and Skin disorders are significantly high in school going children in rural areas. Most children with intestinal worm infestation are asymptomatic. In acute stage there will be abdominal pain, diarrhoea and itching at anal region. In chronic cases it is associated with iron deficiency anaemia, weakness and lassitude.
- Powdered seed of Embelia ribes (Vidang) one tea spoon (5 gm.) mixed with honey and jaggary (guda) to be given twice a day. A suitable purgative should be taken after 24 hours of the intake of medicine.
- Take four tablespoonfuls of the fresh milky juice of unripe papaya fruit (Papita) with one table spoonful of honey and four table spoonful of boiling water. This acts as an effective anti-helmintic in expelling round worms.
- Paste of Moringa (Drumstick tree) leaves may be given empty stomach.
- Take 20-25 gm of jaggery early in the morning. After 30 minutes take 1-2 gm of seeds of Hyoscyamus niger (Khurasani yavani) with cold water. This expels intestinal worms.
- Seeds of Gourd- 200 mg of seeds of bitter gourd (karela) taken daily with buttermilk are also good for intestinal worms.
- Palashbeej Churna: 3 to 6gm. with hot water.
- Haridrakhand: 3 gms. with warm milk.
- Punarnnavadi Mandur: 500 mg. Tab. 1 each at morning and evening with butter milk in case of anemia.
- Vidangarishta – 4-6 (20ml. – 30ml.) with water after meals two times a day.
General Hygiene: You should ask to maintain proper hygiene such as washing the hands thoroughly before meals and after going to the toilet. Keep fingernails short and clean to avoid infections.
Referral Criteria – In cases of persisting stomach pain, vomiting and seizures help of a doctor must be taken.