During menstrual period some women/ girls have pain in the lower belly or lower back, sometimes called cramps. It may begin before bleeding or just after it starts.
- Garlic is specially recommended; take 5-7 garlic pods per day after removing the outer covering. You can reduce the pungent smell, by taking along with butter milk or lemon juice.
- Extract juice from Kumari or Aloe Vera pulp and take one teaspoonful of it internally.
- Three gms. powder of black tila (sesame), dry ginger (Shunthi) and aloe (ghritakumari) in equal quantity and 1 gm jaggery with tepid water twice a day or decoction of above drugs including jaggery in the dose of 10-20 ml. twice a day is indicated for scanty menstruation.
Other important things to remember during Menstruation
- Hygienic sanitary pads should be used during menstrual period.
- Some girls prefer to make their own pads out of folded cloths or pads of cotton, these pads must always be clean and dry when worn.
- Pad should be changed frequently as required and disposed off by burning out doors in a large empty container.
- It is important to wash outer genitals well with luke warm water every time while changing the pads.
- Do exercise, walk and run
- Rub your lower belly. This helps the tight muscles to relax.
- Fill a bottle or some other container with hot water and place it on your lower belly & lower back or use a thick cloth you have soaked in hot water.
- Drink tea with ginger.
- Avoid fried food, pulses and sour food items.
- Avoid foods that will cause constipation, especially during the last week of menstrual cycle.